So it has been ages since I've posted. Life has been so insane since Baylynn was born a year ago. I think I'll start with what's going on right now and then play catch up along the way.
Tomorrow is a big day. From the moment Kale was born, we've had a little bumpier ride than the other kids. He had bad acid reflux until, oh, I don't know, like 2 years old. I'm talking projectile across the room! Our carpet ran for cover whenever he was in the room. Thank heaven it did eventually stop. He had slower time learning to talk and still doesn't pronounce words very well. He's been to the hearing specialist many times to have his hearing checked, thinking perhaps he just can't hear very well and that's why he's not talking. And there's other bumps along the way that I can't think of right now.
We finally figured out that one of his main problems absolutely had to be the massive tonsil he's always had. Poor guy, he's had strep so many times and he's only 3! After I had a severe case of strep at the beginning of the year and had my throat so swollen I was choking, and couldn't talk, I realized that has got to be what it's like for Kale all the time.
So, Tomorrow is a big day! Kale will get his tonsils and adenoids out tomorrow. Oh my! I wasn't nervous until we went to his pre-op appointment today. Now my heart is being tugged because I don't want my baby to go through this. But, at the same time, I think it will be for the better. My poor baby! Wish him luck! Hopefully after he recovers, sweet Kale Ashton will be an even sweeter Kale!
2 comments:
I know you don't know me, but I was a friend of Mike's at BYU. I just wanted to tell you one quick thing.
My little man, Cash, couldn't hear until he was almost 2. It was an allergic reaction and he didn't need surgery, thank Heaven. But what I wasn't ready for was how sensitive his little ears were. He was constantly putting his hands over his ears because the sound was too loud in public places. My pediatrician (who walks on water in my world) wanted me to be careful and ask him if his head hurt from the sound, so I could give him some Children's Tylenol if necessary. Just an FYI that I didn't think about at all.
Good luck!
I'm sure all went well, but yeah being a mom sure makes you worry more!
Post a Comment